The Jewish Book Council seeks to hire an individual for an unpaid part-time spring internship. Details can be found below.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: RESUME, Internship.
The intern will work with a small in-house staff. All members of the Jewish Book Council must:
- Be able to work independently, multi-task, and communicate well in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Maintain flexibility working with a variety of programs in the ever-expanding JBC
- Be organized and manage time efficiently on his/her own to meet deadlines
- Have strong people, phone and writing skills, basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Be able to take initiative
- Demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, good judgment, resourcefulness, and be a team player
- Be able to exercise professional judgment to resolve moderately complex problems
- Have a bright, positive attitude, and be interested in Jewish literature and the mission of the Jewish Book Council.
- Administrative duties
- Answer main JBC phone line
- Research newly published books
- Send for review copies of newly published books
- Modify and manage lists in Excel
- Send acknowledgments for magazine subscriptions and donations
- Manage website content and online data entry (no prior experience necessary)
- Contribute to social media and blog
- Write Jewish Book World BookNotes
- Assist JBC staff with JBC programs
Some familiarity with wordpress and design programs preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject: RESUME, Internship.