As one of the original writers of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and others, I had a highly visible successful career and most of the icons of the Baby Boomer generation. Only through a continual search for a productive life the re-connection with Jewish roots and deep involvement with Israel did I find a bigger purpose. From working with Holocaust-related organizations, “adopting” three Israeli soldiers by sending them to college, and a growing commitment to Israel I am living a full and rewarding life. And life ain’t over yet!
Hot Pants in Hollywood
May 16, 2017
Courtesy of Susan Silver
- Did The Mary Tyler Moore Show influence your life in any way? How?
- Do you think Susan should have left her husband, Arthur?
- What celebrity story did you like the best. Which were you most interested in?
- Do you think Susan was too honest in her stories about her sex life? Did you think the Prologue was funny or “tmi”?
- One of her themes is “we are more resilient” than we think, what are some other themes?
- Would you let a stranger into your life as Ellie’s family did?
- Did Susan’s reconnection with her Jewish heritage inspire you to get more involved yourself?
- Did Susan’s experience with her parents in later life give you any support or inspiration?
Jewish literature inspires, enriches, and educates the community.
Help support the Jewish Book Council.