At the heart of the Jewish Book Council is a mission to inspire readers, writers, and all who love the written word. Through the sharing of texts and stories, the Jewish Book Council guides communities towards a renaissance of Jewish life and expands our understanding of the wider world.
–Edgar M. Bronfman
By supporting Jewish Book Council, you’ll be making a meaningful contribution to the organization’s work — from our awards programs to our annual print literary journal, and from our book club resources to our author network. Thank you for joining us in our mission to support and celebrate Jewish literature!
*To make a donation in honor or memory of someone, or to send a gift membership, please forward your donation/membership receipt to email@example.com and let us know.*
Paying by check? See our address here
Jewish Book Council is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation
*Please include the person’s or organizations’s name, address, email address, and message you would like JBC to send them.
Friend of Jewish Book Council
- The latest issue of Paper Brigade, our annual literary journal
- A JBC tote bag
All Friend benefits plus:
- An exclusive JBC postcard set with illustrations of famous Jewish authors
- JBC’s “Ask Me What I’m Reading” pin
All Readers Circle benefits plus:
- Members-only preview of Paper Brigade
- 10% discount on annual writers’ seminars
- Recognition in Paper Brigade
All Editors Circle benefits plus:
- A National Jewish Book Award-winning book
- An invitation to attend JBC’s “Meet the Author” event in NYC, to hear from over 250 authors about their new books
For further information and endowment opportunities, including endowing a National Jewish Book Award category, please call Naomi Firestone-Teeter at 212−201−2921.