- Fiction by Scott Nadelson and Adam Schorin
- Allegra Goodman, Dani Shapiro, Francisco Goldman, and others on styles of thinking and writing
- Shoshana Nambi on growing up in Uganda’s Jewish community
- Idra Novey and Sabrina Orah Mark on religion, race, and fairy tales
- Rachel Aviv and Jonathan Rosen on narratives surrounding mental illness
- Elizabeth Graver on finding her Sephardic family in a 1929 film
- A Jewish literary map of Los Angeles
- Cover art by Mark Smith
- Translation, poetry, photography, comics, and more!
- This issue ships in winter 2023.
“A smart and
– Tablet Magazine
Featuring interviews with Michael W. Twitty, Sloane Crosley, Gary Shteyngart, and Claire Stanford; a Jewish literary map of India; five YA authors on mythological Jewish creatures; and more.
At checkout, you will be given the option to add an electronic gift note to this order.
Featuring interviews with Melissa Broder, Joshua Cohen, and Colum McCann, a Jewish literary map of Australia, an exploration of the folk healers of the Pale, and more. At checkout, you will be given the option to add an electronic gift note to this order.
Featuring interviews with Natasha Díaz, André Aciman, T Kira Madden, and Dani Shapiro, a Jewish literary map of Egypt, an annotated reading list on friendship by Lauren Mechling, and more. At checkout, you will be given an option to a add a gift note to this order.
Featuring interviews with Keith Gessen, Chloe Benjamin, and Ayelet Gundar-Goshen, a Jewish literary map of Italy, Jane Yolen on Jewish fairy tales, and more. At checkout, you will be given an option to a add a gift note to this order.
Featuring Nicole Krauss, Dara Horn, and Rabbi David Wolpe, plus a Jewish literary map of Latin America, beautiful photography, and more.
Issue two is currently out of print.
Praise for Paper Brigade
There is nothing else like it. We have Jewish newspapers, Jewish magazines, websites that publish Jewish fiction, and so on. But not all of them unashamedly rejoice in Jewish letters, teasing out trends, celebrating established writers, and spotlighting emerging ones.
– CANVAS Compendium
A neat package of chicken soup for the literary Jewish soul.
– The Forward
The 2017 issue just came out, and it’s so incredible.
A smart and gorgeous treat.