Pippa the Mouse has been working hard all day– cleaning her house, setting the table, cooking the meal. Everything looks great — but her special Seder plate is missing! Searching through her tiny house turns up nothing so Pippa ventures out to ask her neighbors if they can help. Bravely she asks the other animals for help but the snake, owl, and cat haven’t seen her plate either. But it’s almost time for the Seder to begin so she keeps looking — and when she finds it, she invites all the other animals home to join her celebration.
Pippa’s Passover Plate
January 1, 2013
Courtesy of Vivian Kirkfield
- Why does Pippa want her Passover plate so much? Did you ever want something so much that you were willing to do something that scared you in order to get it?
- What did Pippa do to get her house ready for Passover? What do you do to get ready for a special holiday or occasion?
- What was Pippa afraid of? What are you afraid of? What helps you overcome your fears?
- Was Pippa persistent? Have you even persevered in order to get something or do something, even though others encouraged you to give up?
- How did Pippa thank her friends? How do you show your friends you respect them and appreciate their friendship?
Jewish literature inspires, enriches, and educates the community.
Help support the Jewish Book Council.