Inventing Jewish Ritual
1. Choose two Jewish objects that hold special meaning for you: one should express what you think of as continuity with the Jewish past, and the other should express new ways of being Jewish.
2. How does the object connect to the past, evoking stories and memories?
3. What kind of feelings does the object evoke, and what kinds of acts does it inspire?
4. How does the object connect you to other Jews?
5. What meanings do you hope the objects might convey if they were to be passed on to the next generation?
For additional reading questions, please visithttp://www.jewishpub.org/pdf/inventingjewritweb.pdf
Help support the Jewish Book Council.