In this collection of readily actionable tips, parenting mentor Sue Groner distills the best parenting wisdom into one easy-to-read book, providing simple, fun, and effective guidance. Parenting with Sanity and Joy will help parents feel more confident as they navigate one of the most important roles they will ever take on. Geared primarily for parents with kids aged 2 – 18, topics include Parenting Golden Rules, Family Time, Rules and Respect, Perspective and Judgement, Attitude and Gratitude, Food and Dining, Life Skills, and Forbidden Phrases.
Parenting with Sanity & Joy: 101 Simple Strategies
September 1, 2020
Courtesy of Susan Groner
- Why do you think it’s important, yet so hard, to allow your children to struggle or make mistakes when you know that you can step in to prevent or fix?
- Tip #38 is “Your child is not a mini-me.” In what ways do you see this with your own children? In what ways have you tried to encourage your child(ren) to be like you?
- Of all the “forbidden phrases” in Chapter 7, which one surprised you the most? Which one do you most want to stop saying?
- When have you felt judged by other parents? Have you ever been judgy? How do you feel about that? Has your perspective changed?
- Most of us agree that actions speak louder than words. In what ways to you model gratitude as a way of inspiring your children?
- What do you remember about you and your interactions with your parents when you were your child’s current age? As a parent, how do you want to handle things the same? differently?
- Share some questions with each other that can make for fun and interesting family meal conversations.
- What is your favorite tip in the book? Why does it resonate with you?
Jewish literature inspires, enriches, and educates the community.
Help support the Jewish Book Council.