Jewish Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators’ Seminar
Jewish Book Council Office
520 8th Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Please click to register, then click “Buy Tickets” above to pay.
Have you written or illustrated a Jewish children’s book that you’d like to have published? Do you have a story idea? Have you already been published, and would like to network with others in your field? The Annual Jewish Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators’ Seminar, sponsored by the Jewish Book Council, brings together agents, editors, illustrators, and authors for a full day of discussion about Jewish children’s book publishing.
In addition to presentations by professionals in the field of children’s book publishing, there will be the chance to submit first pages and query letters in private consultations with agents, designers, and publishers, by appointment only and for a fee. These opportunities are only open to those attending the seminar.
This year’s seminar will be held Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 520 8th Avenue, 4th Floor in New York City.
The 2019 presenters include:
- Laura Silverman, author
- Jane Breskin Zalben, author
- Kathy Kacer, author
- Talia Benamy, associate editor at Philomel Books, Penguin Random House
- Dena Neusner, executive editor, Apples and Honey Press
- Louise Fury, literary agent at The Bent Agency
- Melissa Edwards, literary agents at Stonesong
- Dahlia Adler, blogger, editor, and author
- Esther Petrushka, Children’s Librarian at Queens Library
- Elli Bloomberg, bookseller at Politics & Prose
- Susan Kusel, librarian, author, and bookseller
- Rebecca Levitan, Sydney Taylor Book Award Chair and a council member of the Association of Jewish Libraries
- Naomi Shulman, Content Engagement Officer for PJ Library and a member of the Book Selection Committee
Additional presenters will be added soon!
Finally, this year we will have two reader for PJ Library at the seminar who will be available only for private sessions.
Seminar Fees: $145.00 EarlyBird Registration for all sessions and catered lunch, due November 1st. Price goes up to $160 after September 30th. (If you cancel your registration within thirty days of the event, we will be able to refund 50% of your registration fee. if you cancel within seven days of the event, we will be unable to refund your registration.)