Jewish Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators’ Seminar
Registration for this event is closed.
Please click to register, then please click here to buy your ticket.
Have you written or illustrated a Jewish children’s book that you’d like to have published? Do you have a story idea? Have you already been published, and would like to network with others in your field? The Annual Jewish Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators’ Seminar, sponsored by the Jewish Book Council, brings together agents, editors, illustrators, and authors for a full day of discussion about Jewish children’s book publishing.
This year’s seminar will be held virtually over Zoom on Sunday, November 15, 2020.
*Please consider purchasing books by some of our amazing panelists here.*
This year, the panelists will include:
In partnership with the Yiddish Book Center, our keynote address, “The Three H’s and Beyond: Holidays, History and Heroes”, will be given by Miriam Udel, author of Honey on the Page: A Treasury of Yiddish Children’s Literature.
- Karen Greenberg, associate editor at Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Ariela Rudy Zaltzman, associate production editor at Penguin Young Readers
- Rebecca Kuss, editor at Inkyard Press, a children’s imprint within HarperCollins
- Joni Sussman, publisher at Kar-Ben Publishing
- Dena W. Neusner, executive editor at Behrman House and its children’s book imprint, Apples & Honey Press
- Rebecca Podos, literary agent with the Rees Literary Agency
- Rena Rossner, literary agent at The Deborah Harris Agency
- Natasha Díaz, author of the book Color Me In
- Eric Kimmel, author of Nicanor’s Gate, Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins, and more
- Gail Carson Levine, author of A Ceiling Made of Eggshells and many other titles
- Lev Rosen, author of the book Camp
- Melissa Stoller, author of Sadie’s Shabbat Stories
- Shoshana Flax, assistant editor, The Horn Book Magazine
- Susan Kusel, librarian, children’s book buyer, and owner of Dream On Books, a children’s book consulting company
- Carla Naumburg, PJ Library
- Mela Bolinao, illustrator agent and owner of MB Artists
- Amy June Bates, illustrator for Gittel’s Journey and many other titles
- Selina Alko, illustrator for Daddy Christmas and Hanukkah Mama, and many other titles
- Ann D. Koffsky, author and/or illustrator of more than 30 books for children. Ann is also an editor and art director at Behrman House.
- Vali Mintzi, illustrator for Meet Me at the Well, and many other titles
Seminar Fees: $150.00 Registration (If you cancel your registration within thirty days of the event, we will be able to refund 50% of your registration fee. If you cancel within seven days of the event, we will be unable to refund your registration.)